Housing and Shelter Cause Week
Meet the NJECC charities that address this cause:
As many as 567,715 Americans are homeless on a typical night. 30% of those are people in families with children; 17% are chronically homeless individuals who are disabled and have experienced long-term and/or repeated episodes of homelessness; and 7% are Veterans. Unemployment, household assets, health conditions and disabilities, and race and demographics are all contributing factors that make it difficult to obtain shelter and housing.
If you care about helping end homelessness, show that #NewJerseyGives by making your pledge to charities working in this cause area.
The list below includes all NJECC charities who are addressing this cause. When you are ready to make a difference, click the "Donate Now" button to start the donation process and pledge your support to as many charities as you would like. During the charity search process, you can use the cause week category filter to easily find all the charities listed below.
- 180 Turning Lives Around, Inc.
- Affordable Housing Alliance
- Aid for Trash Dump Children: The Unforgotten
- Americans Helping Americans
- Anchor House Inc.
- Anglican Relief and Development Fund
- Atlantic City Rescue Mission
- Cancer Research America - NFCR
- Catholic Charities of Newark
- Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc.
- Children's Defense Fund
- Community Access Unlimited
- Covenant House
- Fabretto Children's Foundation
- Family Promise of Southern Ocean County
- Family Promise of Southwest New Jersey
- Gloucester County Habitat for Humanity
- HABcore, Inc.
- Habitat for Humanity International
- HomeFront, Inc.
- House of Hope of Ocean County, Inc.
- Interfaith Homeless Outreach Council, Inc.
- LifeTies, Inc.
- Philippine Children's Shelter
- Refugees International
- Rescue Mission of Trenton
- Saint Joseph's Carpenter Society
- SAVE, A Friend to Homeless Animals
- Sierra House
- Town Clock Community Development Corp.
- United States Association for UNHCR
- United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey
- Voice of the Martyrs
- Volunteers of America Delaware Valley, Inc.
- Womanspace, Inc.
- World Impact
NOTE: All charities were asked to provide their logo and to select one, primary cause category to be promoted under. Only the charities who submitted their logo for promotional purposes are shown here. For a complete list of all charities participating in the 2021 NJECC who address this cause, please refer to the list above.