Hunger Cause Week
Meet the NJECC charities that address this cause:
More than 42 million people may experience food insecurity, including a potential 13 million children. Poverty is one of the factors that affect a person's ability to have enough food to meet their needs. Yet up to two thirds of people facing hunger have incomes above the federal poverty line. The rates of food insecurity are much higher for African American, Latino, and Native American families because of systemic racial injustice. To achieve a hunger-free America, we must address the root causes of hunger and structural and systemic inequities.
If you care about making food accessible to individuals facing hunger, show that #NewJerseyGives by making your pledge to charities working in this cause area.
The list below includes all NJECC charities who are addressing this cause. When you are ready to make a difference, click the "Donate Now" button to start the donation process and pledge your support to as many charities as you would like. During the charity search process, you can use the cause week category filter to easily find all the charities listed below.
- Aid For Starving Children
- Bread and Water for Africa, Inc.
- Catholic Relief Services - USCCB
- charity: water
- Child Rescue International
- Children's Hunger Fund
- Children's Hunger Relief Fund
- Community Action Service Center
- Elijah's Promise
- Feed My Starving Children
- Feed the Children
- Food Bank of Monmouth and Ocean Counties
- Food Bank of South Jersey, Inc.
- Food for The Hungry Inc.
- Jewish Federation of Southern New Jersey, DBA Samost Jewish Family and Children's Service of Southern New Jersey
- Lunch Break, Inc.
- Matthew 25: Ministries
- MAZON: A Jewish Response to Hunger
- Meals on Wheels in Greater New Brunswick
- Meals on Wheels in Hunterdon, Inc.
- Meals on Wheels of Mercer County, Inc
- Meals on Wheels of Ocean Countys of Ocean County- Community Service
- Mercer Street Friends
- Mobile Meals of Hamilton Twp., Inc.
- Nazarene Compassionate Ministries, Inc.
- Oxfam America
- Rise Against Hunger formerly Stop Hunger Now
- James Social Service Corporation
- The Community FoodBank of New Jersey, Inc.
- The Salvation Army
- The Society of Saint Andrew Inc.
- United Way of Bucks County
- United Way of Greater Mercer County
- World Food Program USA
NOTE: All charities were asked to provide their logo and to select one, primary cause category to be promoted under. Only the charities who submitted their logo for promotional purposes are shown here. For a complete list of all charities participating in the 2021 NJECC who address this cause, please refer to the list above.