MENTAL HEALTH Cause Week
Meet the NJECC charities that address this cause:
Mental illnesses are common and treatable. People struggling with mental health may be in your family, live next door, teach your children, work in the next cubicle, sit in the same church pew, or perhaps you yourself are the one struggling with mental health. Unfortunately, only half of those affected receive treatment because of the stigma attached to mental health. Untreated, mental illness can contribute to higher medical expenses, poorer performance at school and work, fewer employment opportunities and increased risk of suicide.
If you care about supporting mental health, show that #NewJerseyGives by making your pledge to charities working in this cause area.
The list below includes all NJECC charities who are addressing this cause. When you are ready to make a difference, click the "Donate Now" button to start the donation process and pledge your support to as many charities as you would like. During the charity search process, you can use the cause week category filter to easily find all the charities listed below.
- A Kid Again Greater Philadelphia
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- ARVF Corp. DBA Alicia Rose Victorious Foundation
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Atlantic & Cape May Counties Inc.
- Born This Way Foundation
- Center for Family Services, Inc.
- Center for Islamic Life
- Contact of Burlington County
- Contact of Mercer County New Jersey Inc.
- Contact We Care
- Contact We Care, Inc.; Caring Contact
- Crossroads Programs, Inc.
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance
- Focus on the Family
- Gilda's Club South Jersey
- Good Grief, Inc.
- Integrity, Inc.
- Jewish Family & Children's Service of Greater Mercer County (JFCS)
- Jewish Family Service of Atlantic County
- Jewish Family Service of MetroWest (JFS)
- Jewish Family Service of Somerset, Hunterdon and Warren Counties
- Mental Health America (formerly National Mental Health Association)
- Mental Health Association in New Jersey
- Middle Earth, Inc.
- NAMI National
- Oaks Integrated Care
- Partnership to End Addiction
- Pet Partners
- Resolve Community Counseling Center, Inc
- Suicide Awareness Voices of Education
- United Family and Children's Society
- United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR)
- Womanspace, Inc.
- Youth & Family Counseling Services